Wednesday, July 29, 2009

8th LDS International Art Competition

I look forward to the annual art competition every year. It demonstrates the countless methods one has to bear testimony of what one believes. I am usually drawn to the paintings more than the material pieces, but I LOVED this window. Line upon Line Yvonne Bent
Here are some of the others that I especially appreciated (I have only made it through the "M's" in the list thus far):
Atonement Cassandra Barney

Grafted In Kristal Coles

A Conversation with the Master Nathan Florence

Leaving Sacred Ground Craig Harris

As Sisters in Zion Valentina Olekseeyeevna Museeyenko

Preparing for the Sabbath Mthulisi Ncube

My Peace I Give unto You Steven Newman

2 comments:

Halsey said...

I too love this annual competition. I wish they would publish everything in the Ensign for those of us who can't get down to see the pieces in real life. Where were you looking at them all, online?

Kristal said...

So kind of you to mention my piece! I am sorry I am only now seeing it.

For those who can not go in person to see the exhibits (done every three years) you can view them, and past exhibits, online by visiting the Church History website.