Friday, February 28, 2014

Dos Anos for June Bug

This sweet girl turned two in February (yes, I know it is now May and I am finally documenting it).
The moment either birthday girl emerges from her room is a big deal for me.  I love to shower them with attention as soon as they wake up.  My mom always decorated my door for me on my birthday and it was such a special tradition.

This sweet smile melts my heart every time!

June's lovely birthmother, Su, has sent a package all the way from Korea for each of June's birthdays.  She doesn't say a thing about it-  we just get a surprise package at the beginning of February filled with beautiful clothing.  June has since believed that every package that arrives comes from Su.  Here is June  showing off the darling things she received:

I have associated June with the grouchy lady bug for the past year (for a variety of reasons: she likes the book, she is really grouchy when she's tired, and she just reminds me of a little lady bug in general).  Luckily, 2 year olds are agreeable to any party theme that's suggested. 

I invested hours into her lop-sided cake, although you wouldn't know it from its appearance.
At least it was really tasty... and as is notorious of desserts at our house, relatively healthy.

We are so blessed to live close to grandparents and cousins.  
It makes for an automatic guest list and fun celebrations!
Mom is always a spaz about this part of the birthday (blowing out the candle).  Poor June tries to hug the cake during the song and gets frightened by Mom's response.

We love this sunshine of our lives!

No comments: