Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Windermere Marathon II

We had lovely weather as we ran the annual Windermere half again this year. It was a lot of fun, especially since we know a lot of the people who participated. David ran really fast, as always, and Joe was right on his tail! I was worried that I wouldn't be able to run because I had injured my knee earlier that week, but with the aid of a Priesthood blessing and lots of anti-inflammatories, I still beat last year's time and I was pleased.
All viewers should be grateful that this is only an upper-body shot. David and Joe had worked hard to grow Steve Prefontaine moustaches (get out your magnifying glass and follow the blue arrows) and David even wore the iconic red shorts...the almost non-existent red shorts. They might have been 6" total, from waist to hem-line. As Mom R put it, David would have been arrested had he bent over to tie his shoe. He insists that forsaking modesty for full mobility is worth the sacrifice. Don't worry though...he had a pair of pants waiting for him at the finish line.
With all the excitement in the air, Mia could not help bustin' a few moves:

No comments: