Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mt. Spokane 25k

I got to spend Saturday looking at scenes like this. 
Granted, I was on my feet the whole time, and although it was challenging, the views were so worth the effort!

Mulling around the starting line-  I needed to squeeze my cheerleader.  
It was going to be a while before I saw her again! 


David was kind enough to volunteer at this race instead of run it in order to waive the entry fee...
In fact, his whole running posse did the same in order to bank their entries into the more competetive Orcas Island run in February.  Brrrr.  As a result, this was really a females only event (with the exception of our 10 year old nephew, Sam!)...Mom R and Mary ran the 50k, and Carrie accompanied her son on the 25k.

When I heard John's reggae rhythms through the trees that I knew that I was close to respite!  The three brothers manned the best aid station ever-  complete with cozy fire and lots of encouragement. 
 
My SIL, Lexi, met me at the finish line while the boys completed their posts.  
I was so happy to see her after being alone with my own thoughts for 3.5 hrs.  
Mia was so happy to see her best pal, Talan.  
They maintained the day's theme with some trail running of their own:


Check out Rainshadow Running for some more fabulous runs!

1 comment:

Katie C. said...

I LOVE fall colors! It makes you feel warm inside, even though I'm actually freezing!